CAND Members, we need your immediate assistance! There are 2 available Action Alerts and we need your help!
1. Support Improving Child Nutrition Integrity and Access Act of 2016
2. Treat and Reduce Obesity Act of 2015
The Treat and Reduce Obesity Act of 2015 offers simple clinically- and cost-effective solutions to the obesity epidemic and ensures that Medicare patients have access to the best possible care at only a fraction of the cost. The bill removes unnecessary barriers, which will allow a variety of qualified, effective practitioners, such as registered dietitian nutritionists, bariatricians, and clinical psychologists, to effectively treat obesity through intensive behavioral therapy (IBT). The bill also authorizes coverage for FDA-approved weight loss medications that complement IBT.
Check out this page for the most recent Action Alerts from the Academy and how YOU can help make a difference!
Please read below for how to access action alerts through the Academy.
Log on to http://www.eatright.org/ and go to:
Members–>public policy–>take action–>grassroots manager
Here are a few suggestions to assist you with participating in the Action Alert(s):
1. Click on the blue “Take Action” button on the right side of US Capitol or flag picture below.
2. Complete your contact information. Be sure to select a prefix from the pop-down list such as Dr., Ms., Mr. or Mrs. All boxes with a red asterisk must be completed.
3. If you are not seeing the list of message recipients, click on the “Not seeing your recipients? click here” line. Your members of Congress should appear.
4. Once complete, click the green “Take Action” tab on the lower right side of the screen.
Please take action today! If you experience any problems, please contact Teresa Nece at firstname.lastname@example.org